Monthly for Evidence-Based Professionals
Welcome to this month's collection of relevant articles, resources, grants and our upcoming events.
Two (2) TED Talks We Recommend
- Rebuilding a neighborhood with beauty, dignity, hope (Bill Strickland working with Herbie Hancock) - A TED TALK
- Social Services are broken, how we can fix them - A TED TALK
A Book We Recommend
- How to Run a Nonprofit: The "Go to" Guide for all Nonprofit Managers
I recommend it for leadership at any organization, especially evidence-based ones! Don't let the title fool you!
* Chief John Keene, CPO, San Mateo County Probation Department will Present at "Evidence-Based Case Management "PATHWAYS" for Care Coordination & Supervision
Nov. 29 - Dec. 1, 2017 | San Diego, CA (Register your team)
Articles & Stories
Evidence-Based Human & Justice Services:
- Procedural justice in action
- Mentoring as a key component of reentry
- Straight talk on using evidence
- Commission on evidence-based policy-making
- Reducing recidivism among young adults in the justice system
- Studies find anti-violence strategies boost confidence in police
- OJJDP News at a Glance
- OJJDP Journal of Juvenile Justice
- Promoting healthy relationships through school health centers
- Five ways juvenile court judges can use data
- Report examines school discipline reform
- Improving youth outcomes in Nevada
- Study examines e-cigarette heart damage
- Fatal heroin overdoses five times higher since 2002
- Study examines teen use of K2
- Suicide attempts by young adults increasing
- Five tips for finding quality addiction treatment
- CDC reports 19% in teen overdose deaths
Grants & Funding:
- Current funding opportunities from U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs:
Bureau of Justice Assistance, Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Institute of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, etc.
- Current funding from SAMHSA:
- Evidence-Based "PATHWAYS" for Case Management, Care Coordination & Supervision
(3-Day - incl Pre-Conference Workshop | CE Training Hours - 20)
Nov. 29 - Dec. 2, 2017
- (2-Day | CE Training Hours - 13)
Nov. 30 - Dec. 2, 2017 (Register for 2-Day)
View Details | Register for 3-Day or 2-Day
- Breakthrough Now: 4-Step Pathway to Personal Success
(A Free Webcast)
Friday Oct. 27, 2017 @ 1PM EST
Software & Tools
Your membership just got better! Get Joyfields Technologies software when you sign-up for membership! Software for processing your transactions ranging from fundraising and donations management, events registrations, and memberships to email marketing, enterprise databases management, and reports production automation. You only pay for setup!
Powerful software and online solutions to help you unify operations, and improve your users' experience. Learn more.
- Created on .