EB Professionals Monthly - August 2022
Notice something different? This issue kicks off our themed issues. Your feedback on the recent survey is guiding us to themes with each issue. This month focuses on Youth in Behavioral Health and Juvenile Justice. Your feedback is always welcome via this short feedback form. Enjoy!
So you took back your momentum, now what? "BUILD MOMENTUM" WITH UPCOMING EVIDENCE-BASED EVENTS
- We Need to Address Mental, Behavioral Health in Kids Who Land in Justice System
- “No Light. No Nothing.” Inside Louisiana’s Harshest Juvenile Lockup
- With Medicaid and mental health in the mix, juvenile court gets tricky
- Nearly three-quarters of youth behind bars suffer from mental health issues
- Gov. Edwards Announces Ongoing Investigation and Immediate Actions Related to Weekend Incident at Bridge City Center for Youth
- San Diego officers violated state regs, locked youth in rooms for hours without explanation, inspectors find
- Justice Department Finds Maine in Violation of ADA For Over-Institutionalization of Children with Disabilities
- Juvenile incarceration justice in America: Rehabilitation is key
- Work in progress: Juvenile justice mental health, safety concerns addressed in new law
GRANTS & FUNDING
- Grants for Services to Treat and Strengthen Families Affected by Substance Use
- National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative (NCTSI) Grant Awards
- Click here to review open funding opportunities for the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)!
- Follow this link for more information about Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) grants, the application process, and more!
- View forecasted FY 2023 grants for SAMHSA here!
- Motivational Interviewing Series - for Frontline, Supervisory and In-house Training Staffs (Online Workshops)
August 16, 17, 23 & 25 | View Details & Register
- Working with Employees Onsite & Remote or Both (& Succeeding): Core Skills for "New & Less Tenured" Supervisors and Managers (Webinar)
September 7 | Learn More & Register >>
- Employee Performance Reviews: How To Prep, Write & Deliver, On-Time Appraisals Every Time! (Webinar)
September 13 | Learn More & Register >>
- 16th Annual Fall Evidence-Based Pathways Certification Conference & Masterclasses (Online Masterclasses)
October 25 - 27 | Learn More & Register
Editor: Amaka Obinna Nwoko
Email: [email protected]