The EBPNG aims to support needs and interests of human, social and justice services professionals in their local area.
Evidence-based Professionals are encouraged to;
- Connect with other professionals where you are
- Collaborate and learn current as well as emerging trends that are of local and national relevance to you, and
- Contribute what you know to strengthen the knowledge-base.
All are invited to be a part of something truly centered around the professional in your community.
What Are We Up To?
In our year end "vision" survey you told us you wanted;
- more localized programming,
- a platform for addressing what's important to you, your colleagues and your agency where you are, and
- opportunities to connect and engage with evidence-based professionals near you
The following groups are now forming;
- Atlanta, GA
- Harrisburg, PA
- Helena, MT
- Los Angeles, CA
- Nashville / Smithville, TN
- Orlando, FL
- Raleigh, NC
- Redding, CA
- Roanoke, VA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Shawano, WI
- Stockton, CA
- Washington, DC
If you are not close to any of these groups listed, and you would like one in your area, please send email expressing interest to [email protected], or call 678-720-2772. In your email, state location you would like to join, or start. Thank you.
Inaugural Web Conference Call
Thank you for joining for our inaugural web conference call in December.
Local Challenges Noted
- Frustration getting traction
- Vendor/practitioner education on EBP in community supervision
- Money rules – All seem to be following it
- Risk assessment not prioritized
- Mindset, attitude biased against client success
- Lack of appreciation, and application of available EBP resources
- Efforts being made flounder
- Ongoing use of methods proven to not be effective
We agree that while these are difficult challenges, they can be overcome one step at a time.
Suggestions made to begin;
What To Do
Schedule, Host and Facilitate a breakfast at your agency. Initial goals of the session may include;
Set up a regular meeting schedule (start with quarterly and move to monthly when you feel ready)
Establish goals & objectives
Process for identifying and contacting other professionals
List matters of interest to your local area professionals
EBP Society can help get the word out